Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Concentration Statement

The idea for my concentration stemmed from my experience growing up as a bilingual child, in which I constantly moved between the European and American cultures. I have grown accustomed to both the similarities and differences of the rest of the world to America and hope to highlight the beauty of both, in a concentration of landscapes. I will take photographs, paint, and used mixed media to study contrasts of color, subjects, and environments. Ultimately, I will be able to define what makes an American landscape.

1 comment:

  1. Katharina- Why don't you create an analogy from being a bilingual child and moving between cultures to landscapes? In other words, can you describe how your experience perhaps reflects differences or similarities between European and American landscapes? Perhaps the artwork you actually create could reflect your experiences and not just beauty in a landscape?

    ReplyDelete