Monday, April 13, 2009

Concentration #11
This is a work based on a picture I took in Spoleto, Italy. I remember beng fascinated by the huge night sky, the city lights, and the highlights on the big tower. I would like to make the city lights stand out more but am a little uncertain of where to go from here. I am happy with the base of the tower but think that I could work on the top of the some more. Basically, it just looks unfinished to me, but I don't know specifically what could fix it. However, if I continue to work on I do think that it will fit into my concentration well. I think there is risk-taking in that there is really only the solid structure of the tower while the rest of the work is flowing colors and abstracted. I do think this provides good contrast though.

No comments:

Post a Comment