Monday, April 6, 2009

Concentration #10
This work is based on a picture I took in Austria of a train very high up on a mountain. I used the suggestions of grounding the train more and added some shadowing. I also tried to make sure that the mountains in the background seemed far away and did not compete with my foreground. I think there's rhythm created through my cut pieces of paper and contrast between the geometric and organic shapes. I do think this work fits into my concentration as it is a memory that has stayed with me. I think I took risks by using such bright, shiny paper on the train. I wasn't sure if I would like the result but looking back I do like it and am happy that I took that risk.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing Katharina! The shadowing that you added underneath the train looks fabulous and works really well!I think you've got some great colors and values in this picture, and it really works well with the rest of your portfolio!

    ReplyDelete