Sunday, March 29, 2009

Concentration #9
This piece is obviously of New York. It is based on a few photographs I took while I was there. I wanted to make sure that I gave the city life while still maintaining some abstraction. I also chose to reflect the many colors of the city in the sky. I think I took risks in the abstraction I used with the people and cars. I also wanted to make the buildings huge so it would appear that the viewer was right there in the city. If I were to work back into this piece I think there would be some more thing I could do to really make the foreground stand out more..perhaps working with the cars some more? I do think this work follows along the idea of my concentration though.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one so, so, so much. Its really abstract and goes perfectly with your concentration.

    ReplyDelete