Sunday, February 15, 2009


Concentration #4
This work is based on a photograph I took while passing by a local area while in the Dominican Republic. The bright colors and the people is what I remember the most. I used the suggestions to work back into the trees and develop more layering. It was also suggested that I spraypaint over it or do something to induce a more dreamlike quality. I agreed with this idea but decided to finish my concentrations and then see if the spraypainting would work with the other pieces. I tried to create a more engaging design through layering over photo-copied pictures. I do feel that my work demonstrates my concept through focusing on movement and texture. I took risks by continuing with my exploration of photo-copies. I also used marker and oil pastels in this project which I had not tried before. It is also a really different landscape from my previous ones. I hope this work shows my personal vision of highlighting the beautiful differences of landscapes around the world.

4 comments:

  1. my favorite so far. I think the idea of recoloring back on to the black and white photo is an excellent idea you'll have to show me how you enlarge your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite also. I like how you worked back into the trees in the background--they were the only thing you needed to work on on Thursday. It looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing Katharina! It's a really dynamic piece and really fun to look at as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may be my favorite. The personality and emotion to it is unlike any other. I love it. The colors are also perfectly chosen.

    ReplyDelete